Thursday, February 12, 2009

SHEIKO #26/SKILLS EVALUATION


Smoked everything. Danny said, "You don't know math. That is not 95%. Bring a calculator next time." I feel very good about my test day coming up.

  I kept screwing up the warm-up sets for some reason.

• Squat 225x3 (50), 260x3 (60), 305x2 (70), 350x2 (80), 390x1 (90), 415x1 (95)

Danny finally convinced me I need to lower myself slower, especially with heavy weight. I lost my arch a bit in my back, but I clearly have the strength for much more than 415. (It was easy regardless.)

  Was supposed to do 305x2x2.

• Bench 145x3 (50), 170x3 (60), 200x2x2 (70),  230x2 (80), 255x1 (90), 270x1 

(95)

• Deadlift 270x3 (50), 325x2 (60), 380x2 (70), 435x2 (80), 485x1 (90), 515x1 (95)

Was supposed to do 380x2x2.


It's always a little nerve-wracking going over 90% on Sheiko because you simply don't do it until the skills eval or test day. But, at least until now, its extremely gratifying how easy it is once you get there.

3 comments:

Jake Ceccarelli said...

Nice job, good to know one of us is getting stronger. The one thing I would probably do if I were doing Sheiko is go to 90% sometimes, even though it might be stupid.

Nathan Beckmann said...

<3 Check facebook for a couple photos of me at 90%.

Brent Tanaka said...

looking strong big man. looking forward to seeing how much poundage you can pump out at your next meet