Monday, October 12, 2009

Nathan : 10/8-10/12

• 1. 10/12/09 - Mon - Intensity Week 1 - SQUAT

Dee is buying a car. We woke up early to find dealers and had to stay late to do paper work, so gym is punted. I haven't decided if I am doing cardio or some sort of "make-up" intensity day tomorrow.

▼ 2. 10/10/09 - Sat - Deload Week 1 - BENCH LOCKOUT

Weight: 216. Time: 2:00?

  Last workout of deload week. After Friday, I was careful to keep it very light.

• Warm-up : jog?

• Reverse band bench w purple band 225x5x4

• Floor press 185x4x4

• Dips BW+45x6x4

• Pull-ups BWx10x4

▼ 3. 10/9/09 - Fri - Deload Week 1 - DEAD

Weight: 216. Time: 1:30.

  Dave suggested I avoid all deadlifts during deload week. I switched conventional deadlifts to SLDL, but this workout left me pretty beat up for a deload week, so I probably should have listened more.

• Warm-up : jog 8 mins

• Stiff-leg deadlift 315x5x5

Should do these more.

• Squat w chain 225+80x3x6

Jason said he liked my form on these.

• Sumo rack pull 315x5x5

I wanted to go up to 500 and do triples, but I decided to save stuff for the intensity week.

▼ Abs

More Dee-inspired stuff. These left my upper abs SUPER SORE.

• Sandbag smash 50x10x3

This is basically a clean followed by throwing the sandbag to the ground. First time doing them, I think this is what got my upper abs so sore.

• V-ups 18x15x3

Fuck these again.

▼ 4. 10/8/09 - Thu - CARDIO

Weight: 215 (morning). 220 (after gym). Time: 1:00.

  Need to start eating.

• Cardio - jogging/walking 30 mins

Much more effective at getting my heart rate up, at least. Even a light jog got me up to 160.  I will try to do this more, if my knees can handle it.

• Flexibility - usual


No comments: