Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Sketching my Progress


I'm still trying to figure out why I've been seeing huge PRs lately. I looked back at the blog and created the charts to the left of this text. I chose January 3 as the starting point because it was the beginning of Winter Quarter and the beginning of a training cycle.

Well, a couple of observations I've made:

PRs in the x5 week lead to PRs in the x3 week lead to PRs in the x1 week

Following the Meet, I started gaining weight. I am now currently at 175 lbs, while I weighed 163 lbs at the meet. The question is: Am I heavier now because I'm stronger (muscle weighs more than fat) or am I stronger now because I'm heavier?

Competitions matter: Competing with Ro, Danny, and Darvin have helped motivate me to not sandbag.

Any thoughts you guys have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. I also have the raw data available in an excel sheet so I can share that with anyone who wants it.

2 comments:

Misael said...

I think you're gaining strength/muscle like Ryan and Vit and entering a more comfortable weightclass. I think if you focus on technique your numbers are gonna go up. 181 is a comfortable weight class for me so it would have been foolish to drop to 165, where I would have to watch every calorie and probably lose strength in the process. Way to not sandbag!!!

Ben said...

solid chart Scott and more importantly, solid progress!! keep lifting heavy!!