Sunday, May 29, 2011

5.28.11 Mini Meet Write Up

Weigh In:
177.7 lbs (14 more than what I weighed at the February meet)
181 weight class

Squat:
295-3 whites
315-1 white 2 reds, easy attempt, but bad depth
315-3 whites easy, had I hit my second attempt I would've gone for 330 on my 3rd and I'm pretty sure I would've gotten it, but I didn't want to use a 4th attempt because I wanted to save it for deadlift. Good call.

Bench:
185- 3 whites
195- 3 whites, but it took a lot out of me to the point I knew I wasn't going to hit 200 paused
200- 3 reds failed at about a 1.5 inches off the chest

Deadlift:
365- 3 whites
395- 3 whites PR
405- 2 whites 1 bullshit red for dropping it although video confirms I controlled it down PR

(not counting for the meet)
415- 3 whites (30 pound PR)

The deadlift PR was really nice to get because at the beginning of the year I had set a goal of 200 bench, 300 squat, and 400 deadlift. Even though the 200 I hit was touch 'n' go, I'm proud that I met my goal

I also wanted to thank everyone again for the recognition at dinner. Powerlifting has given me so much, and I am confident that once I adjust to the hectic schedule of law school, I will spending my free time in the gym to get stronger and once again beat Danny.

3 comments:

Dafina said...

Nice job on the deadlifts! They were beastly.

Scott Salomon said...

thanks! you did great too!

Paul said...

Great Post. It's very important strength training movements for the upper body & deadlift exercise requires the least technique compared to bench press & squat.

Thanks,
Paul Evans
www.westside-barbell.com