Monday, September 1, 2008

Min volume day

Marc (the bodybuilder I trained with last week) wanted to squat, so I decided to go try legs again today pending how the ribs felt.

Safety Bar Squats:
275 x 5
315 x 5

Felt the rib twinge so I stopped at that

Front Squats:
185 x 10
225 x 8

Rib felt tender whenever I took the weight off, so I stopped squatting at this point.

Marc felt up to trying the prowler, so I set up a 50m course. It was 85ยบ here today, so the heat was a factor. I made it through pretty well. Marc was feeling pretty nauseous after the second trip. After the 4th trip, he was bent over a tree. I tried encouraging him by saying, "you know, if you feel like puking, the fastest way to accomplish that is to try another trip," at which point he booted all over the grass in front of the gym. Impressively, he managed to recover and actually did do another trip. Street cred +10 for the boot and rally.

Moral of the story: pushing the prowler after doing even a partial leg workout is awesome.

No comments: