Wednesday, September 17, 2008

SHEIKO CONDITIONING WEEK/CARDIO

- Deadlift (sumo) 260x5 (50%), 315x4x2 (60%), 365x3x3 (70%)
Tried to get a lot of speed on these since it's so light. Right callus is still fucked so I had to go with straps. Chalk should get here this week, thankfully.
- Incline bench 195x4x3 (70%)
The only time I ever do incline during the Sheiko cycle, and we do reps at 70% of flat bench 1RM. This is supposed to be a rest week...wtf.
- Dips Bodyweight x8x3
- Lunges 135x5x3
I did these on the platform by cleaning then doing them with no supports. It was pretty bad ass.
- Cardio - sprints on bike 150-155 bpm x 15 mins
The way I do these is choose some difficulty that gets me up to ~160 bpm in a 45-sec sprint or so (starting from ~145). Then I sprint at that difficulty until I hit 155 bpm on the monitor. I quickly drop it to half the difficulty and stay there until it goes back down below 150 bpm. Because the machine lags, my reading will go up to ~157-158 before coming back down, and because I start sprinting it very quickly goes back up to 155. So I stay around 155 the whole time.

I haven't been sleeping well at all lately. I was very tired all day. But then I got 6 40# packages from home today, one of which had my guitar, and I played my guitar for a bit. This got me super pumped before I went to the gym and I was ripping them off the floor at like ∞ mph.

No comments: