Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Crazy Benching

Well, tonight was basically trying to find out what doesn't beat the crap out of my left wrist and go with that.

Fat DB Bench: 60lbsx12, 70x12, 70x10, 90x Miss (3 times)

Rev. Grip Lockouts: 135x5, 185x5, 175x5, 185x3

Rev. Grip Rev. Band Press (purple): 135x5, 155x3, 165x3, 175x2

Tate Press (fat DB): 40x10, 40x10, 50x5, 50x7

Scap Pulls: 6, 6, 6, 6

Strange Transverse Ab Cable thing: repped out until I felt it and then held for 15 sec x 4

Thinking I just may convert to reverse grip and work on that for a while (learn the groove, get strong, etc.)

And as for Phil's suggestion, I am working on it. If all goes well I should be able to get to at least 230 by the end of spring quarter (although 245 would be nice).

6 comments:

Nathan Beckmann said...

Hell yes, reverse grip is AWESOME. Also, what's the issue w/ the wrist? Wraps can't fix it? Or do you have old man bones like Dave?

Kyle said...

i tweaked it getting out from a failed bench last wednesday (training alone at home). Basically I can't get it into the regular grip without it killing me. But neutral and underhand grips work just fine.

I plan to order some wrist wraps in the very near future. Probably something off of ELITEFTS.

Nathan Beckmann said...

I'd suggest you not get wraps from EliteFTS. They sell Metal wraps that are kind of mediocre. I'm pretty happy with my Inzer wraps, but a lot of people like the APT wraps. I'd go with one of those.

Phil Russell said...

EliteFts sells APT gear as well, and they have great deals.

Kyle said...

I got a pair of APT Black Reapers. They should arrive next Tuesday. I did a little reading and I heard that these are pretty good entry-level wraps.

Nathan Beckmann said...

Cool. Just as long as you didn't get Metal.=) My buddy here has APT's, they are really solid. I think you'll like 'em.