Tuesday, September 30, 2008

REHAB/CARDIO/FLEXIBILITY

First day of new off-day split.
- Rehab
- Snatch-squat-press w/ 5# plate under heels 20x5, 40x3x3
These are interesting because you press with your rear delts.
- Snatch-squat-press w/ feet flat 40x3x2
Didn't think I would be able to do these, but I did.
- Single-leg squats on bosu ball 8x2
- Toss ball on bosu ball (both feet and single-leg) ~30 sec x 2
- Hip abductors 50x50
- Hyperextension 50
- Cardio - bike sprints 130-150 bpm x 15 mins
- Flexibility
- Hamstrings w/ bar
Start in GM position, then RDL, then hack squat. These are intense.
- Adductor on machine 80#
- Gastroc on hack squat 135#
- Seated groin
- Seated iliotibial

So I made a new off-day split. I can't do oly 3x / week like I was a while ago. It destroys my lower back with Sheiko. So here's my plan:

Mon - Sheiko
Tue - Prehab
Wed - Sheiko
Thu - Cardio/Flexibility
Fri - Sheiko
Sat - Oly/Upper back
Sun - Cardio/Flexibility

I also have a few stretches I keep on all the off days. These are the ones I think are most important for my health and/or my weak points. If I have the time/energy, I'll include some cardio (like today).

No comments: