Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Not sucking

After my 4 day vacation I finally got back to the gym and lifted like a champ. On a side note, the vacation won't effect my ability to get all of the workouts done thanks to my distaste for and blatant disregard of rest days.

Clean and jerk 100/1 x 2 115/1 x 2 126/1 130/1 missed twice
Nailed 100% of my max (126) and cleaned 130 on the first try, then failed the clean on the second. Hopefully I'll get 130 by 9-27 so that I can shoot for 135 at the meet Oct. 25 and move up to class I (and past Nathan).

Clean pull 130/2 x 3
Back Squat 115/4 135/5 x 4
stretching, 15 min., hamstrings and groin

The rest of the workout was a good, light introduction back into lifting.

The 4 days off may actually be the best thing that could've happened because 1, I'm recovered and equalled by all time best C&J, and 2, because I'm recovered and so all of the weak muscles (the left side of my body) presented themselves. Basically, my left lat down to my left glute are noticably weaker than my right (my left lat is also visibly smaller than my right). Any recommendations for correcting this?

I made the effort to tag my workout so you better be searching for it like crazy.

4 comments:

Nathan Beckmann said...

You should stop ignoring rest days. Seriously. Look what deload did for you here!

And if I can go 410/275/525 I will also total Class I (RAW). I'm right there with you, so don't get cocky!

Jake Ceccarelli said...

How are your chances of hitting those numbers? What are your maxes now?

Jake Ceccarelli said...

Oh, and after re-evaluating I can acutally get away with only skipping 1 rest day. I'll be doing the last workout of the program the day before I test. This is actually how the program is supposed to be but I haven't done it that way before (I had 1 or 2 days off before testing). We'll see how that goes.

Nathan Beckmann said...

It SHOULD be in the bag, but who knows wtf my squat is doing at this point. I'm certainly not off by more than 30# in the total, and I'm hoping I'm either already there or within 10# or so.