Saturday, September 27, 2008

OLY/UPPER BACK/CARDIO/FLEXIBILITY

- Oly
Things felt pretty good. Snatches weren't as stable as I'd like, but I was pretty stif/tired from squatting yesterday.
- Drop snatch 20x5, 40x5x3
- Hang snatch 40x3x3
- Snatch off 5 blocks 40x3x3
- Clean off blocks
- 5 blocks 40x3x2
- 4 blocks 40x3x2
- 3 blocks 40x3x2
- Snatch off 3 blocks 40x2x2
- Jerks 40x5x4
I think my form is better. I actually missed a few of these because I jerked it way too far and it flew out of my hands.
- Upper back
- Pull-ups BWx12, 25x8x2, 35x5
- Dumbell rows 90x10, 100x10, 110x10, 120x10
Grip was pretty strong today. Only reset grip once on left-hand with 120. That's half the reason I do these, so I'm happy.
- Cardio 135-142 bpm x 10min
- Stretching
This stretching is taking too long. I'm splitting it into two days so I don't start skipping things I really should be doing.
- Oblique
- Upper back on cable row
- Gastroc on leg press
- Soleus on machine
- Hamstrings w/ bar
- Adductor on machine
- Standing adductor
- Seated groin
- Seated glute
- Seated iliotibial

This is my new accessory day template.

I'm going to the Nov meet. My parents will spot me the $$ and I'll pay them back. And Brent, I"ll gladly take your $20. JK. Sorta.

So ... i learned just how epic catching the bar from a snatch is. It sawed through my straps today and I ended up having to just hook grip it. Crazy shit. These straps did 520 deadlift no problem, but started to split horizontally from catching 90 lbs. No wonder it was hurting my thumb.

Weight is 212.

1 comment:

Jake Ceccarelli said...

Honestly, no idea why it would saw through your straps....I have never damaged straps from Olympic lifting. Maybe they were just bad?