Monday, September 29, 2008

Squat: The Squattening

I came down sick over the weekend after benching. I think that's why I sucked so much on Saturday. Now that I'm on the mend, all training is a part of the patented Jurgens-Training-Principles™. (i.e. get sick/tired/hungry for max gains)

Squat:
405 x 5
This set felt retarded, like I had forgotten how to squat and I didn't know where I was.
425 x 5
445 x 5 (PR)

Some dude came up and was like "are you going to squat that??" to which i replied, "yes. up to five times."

Band-assisted Squats:
Wanted to help Kyle get used to the groove in the hole, so we bumped it up to blue bands today

495 x 5 (warm up)
585 x 5
625 x 5

Pause Squats:
MOAR SWKATS!!ZZOMGZGRS!
315 x 5 @ 3 seconds
365 x 3 @ 3 seconds (felt like was about to explode)
385 x 3 @ 3 seconds

Moral: pause squats + sinus infection = unreal pressure. I thought I was about to blow something. I had to breath out completely at the bottom on the way up to relieve some of the pressure.

Box Jumps
4 sets of 5 on the high box

Side note: Brent can jump silently. Like a ninja. I mean dead silently. It's freaky.

Ab wheel
4 sets

2 comments:

Nathan Beckmann said...

Those squats are pretty awesome Dave. Keep it up.

Kyle said...

note that with 625, we had nearly no room left on the bar for additional weight.

and that the bar nearly broke into a million pieces.