Tuesday, September 9, 2008

upperback part deux: return of the pump

Lower back feels muuuch better today. I thought about just doing my leg workout, but decided to rest it until friday.

Also, I supersetted all of these with seated calf raises again. I was sore for 4 days last time, so I cut it back from failure to when the muscles first start cramping.

Close-grip pull downs:
full stack x 10, 4 sets

Standing cable row:
I didn't want to bend over due to the rib and back, so tried a standing variant. I had to do these on the universal machine because the actual cable row machine kept moving around(!) when I tried them.

full stack x 20
full stack + 30lb dumbbell x 20
full stack + 60lb dumbbell x 20
full stack + 60lb dumbbell x 20

Super set of:
Standing cable row and chest supported reverse flyes:
full stack + 60lb dumbbell x 20 for all the cable rows
20lb dumbbells x 12 for 2 sets, 20lb dumbbells x 15 for 2 sets

Incline curls
35 x 10, 3 sets
35 x 7, 1 set

No comments: