Thursday, September 25, 2008

CARDIO/FLEXIBILITY

Cutting back on the off-day work. Only going to do one assistance day on Saturday from now on to keep me recovered. Hips feel pretty beat up and lower back is still shot.
- Prehab
- Squats on bosu ball
- Hip work on universal cable machine
- Hip abduction on machine
- Cardio 125-150 bpm x 20m
- Stretching
Skipped seated glute...I will do it occasionally with quads but it no longer feels tight.
- Flies w/ 10#
- Oblique/lat on pull-up bar
I tweaked something in the right lat/serratus/oblique. These felt tight all over, so I should probably do them again anyway.
- Hamstrings w/ bar hack squat position
These are a great stretch now that doing the normal "touch the toes" does nothing for me.
- Hip flexors w/ ball
- Adductors on machine
- Adductors standing
- Seated groin
- Gastroc on hack squat
- Soleus on machine
- Foam roll IT band

Stretching is a bit different than before, but probably still boring to read about.

I was shooting for 130bpm on the cardio, but it just kept going up to 150bpm by the end. Whatever.

1 comment:

Nathan Beckmann said...

I just did some browsing on exrx.net and discovered that the hip flexor stretch I'm doing is not targetting my tight IT band like I thought it was. I'm going to switch to the iliotibial stretches. I just tried a few and they are much closer to what I need. I always wondered why I needed to use the "extreme" versions of the hip flexor stretches -- my hip flexors aren't tight, the iliotibial is!

That site is an amazing resource if you aren't familiar with it.