Monday, September 8, 2008

SHEIKO WEEK #5; #1

First day with reduced squat estimate. Was pissed off (unrelated) and destroyed today's workout.
- Bench 135x5 (50%), 165x4 (60%), 195x3x2 (70%), 205x3x4 (75%)
- Squat 195x5 (50%), 230x5x2 (60%), 270x5x5 (70%)
Might try these again keeping a hard arch. Rene said they looked better that way. Also, I felt much better rebound going all the way to depth. We'll see if the adductor feels OK tomorrow.
- Bench 150x5 (55%), 180x4x2 (65%), 195x4x5 (70%)
- Flies 25x10x5 (10%)
- Good mornings 165x5x5 (40%)

So I got out of lab at 5:30 and ate at 6:00. My plan was to go directly to the gym, but I realized that I'd fucked up with the order I'd made for my new computer, so I fixed that first. By now it was around 7:00, so I finally headed out to the gym. I went downstairs first to print out this week's workout, and some fucknut was printing literally hundreds of pages on the ONE PRINTER for the WHOLE FUCKING BUILDING. I waited like 20 mins before all the people waiting around agreed to just cancel this dipshit's print job. So we pressed "cancel job" and the printer just sat there doing NOTHING. I waited another 10 mins and send an angry e-mail to the MIT help desk before saying "fuck it" and going back up to the 19th floor and writing down the work out by hand. By now I had wasted 45 mins for nothing. I also had eaten a ton of simple carbs at dinner in anticipation of the workout, and it had been 1h45m since then. This kind of shit pisses me off. So I biked over at like 1000000 mph and almost hit some innocent-bystander girl who didn't get out of the way fast enough. I didn't give a shit. I got to the gym and destroyed the first bench and squats with very little rest just because I was channeling my anger & the fact that I had to reduce my max squat estimate.

ANYWAY, Rene was also there today. He's a cool dude. Depending on how thing's go, he might try on the bench shirt tomorrow (I'm thinking the METAL one?). It'll be his first time using gear, even though he follows PLWatch and knows all about different kinds of things.

1 comment:

kenji keeps going... said...

...maybe we should try the slaps-to-the-face technique just before you lift...