Saturday, September 27, 2008

ME Sleeping In

I slept for 11 hours. Recovery++!

Also, I tried on the gear that I got from EliteFts yesterday:
IPF Metal Viking Squatter (46)
IPF Metal Viking Deadlifter (48)
IPF Metal Viking Bencher (56)

The Squatter leg seams of the squatter stopped around a foot from my hip (where they are supposed to end up). Not even close. Brittany tried it on and thought it was tight on her; then she started chasing me around in the squatter, which was disturbing.

So then I tried the Deadlifter, got about 8 inches from my hip. Still no dice. With my Inzer gear the material stretches enough to shimmy the suit up once it gets stuck. The viking material doesn't really stretch, so no dice.

The Bencher actually fits really well, the arms are larger than any stock Inzer.

VERDICT:
- Keep the 56 Bencher
- Send back the Squatter and Deadlifter to exchange for size 50 gear.

Will use my Inzer Hardcore and Max DL next week. I'll try the 50 Metal gear when it gets here.

5 comments:

Nathan Beckmann said...

Phils- that's about where I was when I first tried on my Titan. Did you try baby powder + ultimately painful inching up the leg? I.e., grabbing the seam and pulling it 1cm up the leg. Then slowly working that up the thigh. Repeat. It took me and dean 40 mins or so the first time I did it.

ALSO- Pull the skin out from under the suit.

Phil Russell said...

Couldn't use baby powder without violating the exchange warranty (that shit doesn't come out easy). I could tell with the 48 that it was just not going to fit, as it was stuck below the widest point of my quad, even with skin sliding and what not. So I sent them both back. Plus, I want two suits to grow into more.

I also sent my 48 Rage to Inzer to get restitched (the front shoulder seams were coming loose). Inzer did a great job with the Hardcore restitch, so ++.

Nathan Beckmann said...

I see. I would recommend to you from my own experience of METAL and Titan that you order a custom Titan. I think you will get a lot more out of that in the long run. I really don't think highly of METAL IPF gear. The price really isn't much different, either.

Phil Russell said...

Not quite. I got all of this gear heavily on sale (~$80 each). Even with all of the shipping it's far cheaper than Titan gear.

Although the real reason I ordered was because I want to try Metal gear out for myself.

Nathan Beckmann said...

OK.