Monday, September 29, 2008

Beginning of last competition phase

Power snatch 75/3 x 6 (70%)
Sn. Pull 100/2 x 4 (90%)
Front Squat 105/4 x 5 (60%)
1/2 jerk 130/10 x 3 (100%)
Behind the neck press+Overhead squat 56.8 x 3+2 (125 pounds)

Flexiblity
20 minutes of stretching
hamstrings, seated, standing, leg up on pull-up station
Groin, seated, leg up on pull-up station
Glute, lying down

I'm pretty flexible now but I'd like to see how far I can go.

Everything felt good. Nice light day to get back into things from my test week.

The half-jerk is an exercise I brought in because I feel I need help with my jerks. All you do is take a weight off the rack and bounce up and down with it on your shoulders. Hopefully it'll increase reactivity with heavy weight. It is mentioned in the program but never used, so I'm guessing on the sets and reps. 3 x 10 felt good though. I've seen video of Chinese lifters doing them and I've done them before, a long time ago.

I'll be adding in jerks from behind the head on my jerk days to supplement my jerks and use heavier weight. I'll use the half jerks at the end of every workout since I don't think they'll take very much to recover from.

No comments: