Monday, September 8, 2008

RE Lower Back

Woke up with my lower back feeling stiff. This was somewhat odd, since it felt fine the two days prior and I didn't really do anything to aggravate it. I think I must have slept on it wrong. The discomfort got worse throughout the day. I played ultimate frisbee today after a week off due to the rib. The lower back was super tight at first but gradually loosened up. The right hamstring started feeling tight though. Sitting at my desk all day, the lower back just kept getting tighter.

Seated Good Mornings:
stretching stick x 9001

I started warming up with the reverse hyper, but it was still tight. Did a bunch of regular hypers, still tight. Did some hanging ab crunches to round the back while the legs put it under some light traction. These actually seemed to help, but still felt tight. I ended doing like an hour of seated good mornings with various leg positions (straight, close to the box, etc.) to stretch it out. These actually felt great for flexibility. Eventually the lower back loosened up as well, but still felt really tender.

I'll hot bath / ice / ibuprofen tonight and if I feel good tomorrow, do the workout then.

5 comments:

Phil Russell said...

WHAT!? IT'S OVER 9000!!!!!!!

Phil Russell said...

9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*warning: may cause seizures in small animals and children

kenji keeps going... said...

HAHAHA. uhh. were you a dragon ball z fan phil? or did you just randomly youtube search "9000"...

Phil Russell said...

DAMNIT DEAN-O, this is a MAN's training gravity!!!!!!z

kenji keeps going... said...

LOL.

New blog rule: Phil can comment only through links/youtube videos from now on.