Monday, February 21, 2011

Meet Write-up

Bodyweight 89kg ~ 196

Squat:
484 x 3 whites
502 x 3 whites
519 x 3 whites (+9 pound PR)

This went much better than when I hit my openers two weeks prior. 484 felt very easy. I think I had around 10 pounds left in the squat, but stayed conservative to break the total record.

Bench:
314 x 3 whites
330 x fail
330 x fail

I was not happy about this. During warm ups it felt like my pecs were about to tear off, which was disconcerting. I think the slight weight loss really killed my bench. I hit 330 solidly just a week prior, so I'm disappointed not to have those extra 16 pounds.

Deadlift:
633 x 3 whites (+4 meet PR)
672 x 3 whites (+22 PR)
705 x fail

I got the total record with 672 and was all amped up, so I just went for 705 at that point. Looking at the video, it got much higher than it felt like, but I couldn't lock it out. I think I was mildly gassed at this point anyway, but I need to work on my lockout more if I'm going to get that 705 raw deadlift. I'd say I was probably good for 684 that day had I not been overly ambitious, haha.

Total:
1504 (+127 meet PR (last time was @ 181)), which apparently gives me an elite raw total? (according to some definition of elite)

Overall, it was good meet. Having an entire meet before hand was a bit exhausting though. It felt like lifting in two meets the same day and by the end it was harder to keep my energy levels up. That said, the meet was well run and judging was fair. I didn't see very many questionable calls.

Big thanks to everyone who came and the team for cheering me on. And especially Ross for loading a lot of weight, haha.

No comments: