Monday, February 21, 2011

Luke 2-19-11 USAPL CA State Championships

Weighed In at 66.9 kg (147.5 lbs)
Competed in the Raw Open 148 (67.5 kg) weight class, although I had signed up for junior

Squat
152.5 kg (336 lbs) 2 whites 1 red- easy but I got 1 red for depth
162.5 kg (358 lbs) 3 whites- made sure I sank this one, felt a groin stretch at the bottom, not too hard
170 kg (375 lbs) 2 whites 1 red- PR by 5 pounds, I nose torked this lift and it really helped. I could have gone a little heavier, but I did get 1 red for depth, so it was a good choice. Finally got that 2.5 x body weight squat.

Bench
90 kg (198.4 lbs) 3 whites- not as easy as planned, pause was longer than expected
95 kg (209.4 lbs) 3 reds- failed 2 inches off chest at former weak point. I just felt really weak in bench at the meet and I also wasn't focused at this point
95 kg (209.4 lbs) 3 reds- retry of second, same result. I nose torked this lift, but no improvement. This really pissed me off since I hit this weight a year ago at the meet and I've recently benched 220 and 210 x 2. Missing my second attempt and not getting a chance at 220 ruined my chances for a 1025 pound total which would qualify me for nationals, however I still had a shot at a 1000+ total. I blame my bench weakness partially on cutting weight, because bench strength is always the first to go. I'm gonna try to gain some weight and do some volume for bench.

Deadlift
177.5 kg (391 lbs) 3 whites- 2.5 kg lower than I initially planned for safety margin
190 kg (419 lbs) 3 whites- PR by 5 pounds. I nose torked this lift a little bit, and it was pretty hard. I was shaky on the way up.
195 kg (430 lbs) 3 whites- PR by 16 pounds. Nose torked. 2.9 x body weight. This one was really hard, I though I was gonna fail this one and it felt pretty slow. Vit's slap probably helped me get this, along with my roar. Really happy with this PR which brought my total to over 1000.

Total: 455 kg (1003 lbs) 70 kg (154 lbs) meet PR
I was very happy about my squat and bench PR's, but pretty pissed at my bench. This meet is strong evidence that powerlifting has done nothing for my bench since I officially am weaker than a year ago. I think I need to try my own thing for bench. I got drug tested after the meet. I was 22 pounds away from qualifying for nationals even though I competed raw. Good meet overall, great turnout from UCLA. Thank you everyone who was there and also to everyone who has helped me train for this.

7/9 overall
4 CA junior state records
1st place for 148 weight class
Class 1


No comments: