Monday, February 21, 2011

Meet Write-up

Division: 148 Raw Junior
Weigh-in: 144? I don't really remember.

Squat:
1st Attempt: 137.5 kg (303 lbs) Easy opener.
2nd Attempt: 150 kg (330.5 lbs) Still light.
3rd Attempt: 157.5 kg (347 lbs) I don't remember struggling with this much at all. I stood up pretty quickly. 7 Pound PR.

Bench:
1st Attempt: 75 kg (165.2 lbs) This was not as easy as I was hoping, it was like a hard warm-up.
2nd Attempt: 82.5 kg (181.7 lbs) Lifted this no problem.
3rd Attempt: 87.5 (192.7 lbs) Barely struggled with this weight. 12.7 Pound PR.

Deadlift
1st Attempt: 150 kg (330.5 lbs) Came up quickly.
2nd Attempt: 162.5 kg (358 lbs) My only failed lift. I'd attribute this to a shitty setup. I had my legs way far out, and I wasn't flexible enough to get good leverage for this lift. I am disappoint because this lift should've been way easy.
3rd Attempt: 162.5 kg (358 lbs) Ripped the bar off the floor. Much better setup and form. Hit the nose tork really hard before this and couldn't breathe through my nose or think clearly. I gave up on holding my breath for this and the bar shot up anyways. I could've done so much more weight, but I didn't know that I could change the weight for my 3rd attempt after failing a 2nd.

Goal: 900 lb total
Total: 407.5 kg (898.4 lbs)

Overall, this was an excellent first meet. I hit 8/9 lifts, and hit two good PRs in bench and squats. I didn't go over my goal, but I know I had it in me anyways. I can't describe how great it feels to lift weight on that platform. I loved the environment of friendly competition, everyone was there to show the fruits of their labor. You guys were all awesome, and I think the support I got helped me focus. For the future, I know my bench and deadlift need a lot of work. Sometimes I don't think I know what I'm doing for either, but I'm getting better.

No comments: