Monday, February 28, 2011

I like it RAW.

Squat
255 x 5 @8
265 x 5 @9
275 x 4+spotters took it on the 5th
275 x 4+spotters took it on the 5th+1
275 x 5
On the last rep of the 3rd, 4th, and 5th sets, for some reason I kept rolling the bar higher up on my back causing me to lose balance. The missed reps were due to this flaw in technique probably from doing so much suited squatting for the past couple months. Next week should hopefully go smoother.

Band-resisted squats (Wooden blues~ same as purples)
185 x 3
205 x 3
225 x 3
235 x 3
Before I started suited squats for the last meet I was having some issues with strength out of the hole. I tried to hit the hole hard and rebound quickly on these to work on this weakness.

Tried 1 set of pause squats at 235 but was gassed from the band-resisted squats.

Front squats
135 x 6, 8, 6
As Cheryl said, I have to focus on pushing the ass back and driving the elbows upwards at the bottom to help keep the chest up. Need to up the weight on these soon.

Finished with 3 sets of calves and 3 sets of transversus.

3 comments:

Kyle said...

How are you holding the bar on front squats? Arms crossed or clean grip?

Vit said...

Clean grip, feels better for me than arms crossed. Do you go arms crossed?

Kyle said...

I go clean grip normally, but I think it's a bit easier to keep your elbows higher with the crossed grip on the bar.