Thursday, September 16, 2010

Deadlifts. Thursday, 9/15/10

Deadlifts (belted) 1x3
-> did a 5 minute bike warm-up + dynamic warm-ups and stretches, this really helped loosen up my muscles and get my legs ready to pull the weight
-> HEAVY TRIPLE at 315 lbs @ 10 --> big P.R.!!!! (I've previously only hit this weight once for my 1 rep PR).

Stiff-Leg Deadlifts 3x2
-> no belt
275 @ 9.5
275 @ 9.5
275 @ 10

Shrugs 2x3
365
365
-> went really heavy, not attempting full shrugs, just want to get used to the weight
-> need to strengthen forearm grip/hold though

Hang Cleans 3x8
115
115
115

Calf Raises (holding barbell) 2x15
165
165

**** Body-weight was 132lbs when I woke up at 6:30 am, body-weight was 136 lbs when I went to sleep *****

6 comments:

Vit said...

Great work Ben! Tripling your previous max is awesome. You're obviously doing something right lol

Luke said...

Time to hit a single at 350 for a 2.5 x BW deadlift

Ben said...

thank you!! yes 350 is the goal!! and tripling it?? that is a great way to put it Vit! haha!!

Ben said...

My deadlift video is on my facebook.

I don't know how to transfer it here.

Luke said...

if facebook has something that says embed, copy and paste it into the blog. You have to click edit html when you are editing your post.

Ben said...

I tried to do that but I don't think it worked. Maybe you can show me in person one time. Technology is not my forte.