Monday, September 13, 2010

Deadlift sort of

Friday was insane both mentally and physically. I was not in the best state on Saturday for lifting, unfortunately.

Band-resisted Deadlift:
225 x 3, 5 w/ black deadlift bands
275 x 3, 3, 5, 8 w/ black deadlift bands
275 x 3, 5, 5 w/ black deadlift bands + quadded minis

I started on regular deadlift, but couldn't get things moving. I though the banded work my shock my CNS back into action. Weight was ~500-600 at the top? I felt really strong at lockout, but my off-floor work is horrible right now. I plan to fix this with some new exercises in the coming weeks.

Deadlift off blocks:
conventional, no belt.

225 x 8
315 x 8
405 x 1 @ 10+

ughh... this was due to me being worthless

Shrugs:
405 x a lot, 3 sets

superset w/
Zercher Squats:
225 x 8, 8, 8

These felt surprisingly good.

Finished with cable abs and hamstring stretching.

No comments: