Thursday, September 23, 2010

Deadlift 5

Deadlift:
495 x 1
545 x 1
585 x 5 @ 9+

This is the heaviest I've gone since nationals. Things felt rough at 315 but I figured I would just keep going. My off-floor power feels very shaky right now (still), but at least I can grind some reps out as needed.

Squat off Pins:
405 x 3
455 x 3
475 x 3
495 x 3

Just getting used to these, but I like them. The pins were set so the bar was right at where I would start my pull. The heavy walk outs felt almost harder than the squatting alone. I used a wide stance about where my sumo stance would be.

Good Mornings:
315 x 5
275 x 10

These felt weird. My low lower back isn't conditioned to stretch or something so it took a few reps to figure out how to start. I hope that adding these back in the mix will strengthen my off floor work too.

I tried shrugs, but my biceps was starting to really ache after the squats, so I stopped after 1 rep based on pain.

Finished with ab wheel.

No comments: