Friday, September 10, 2010

09/10/10 Deadlift

It has been a while since I have done a full movement straight deadlift, so I figured now was as good a time as ever. Although with how my squat workout went earlier this week I had some doubts as to how well it would go.

Deadlift:
455 x 3 @8.5
475 x 3 @9
495 x 1 @9
515 x 1 @10

I planned on only doing 2 triples but because I wasn't sure how it would go I started with 455 and it was much easier than I had anticipated and after 475 I was feeling pretty good so I wanted to see where I am at. 515 is a solid raw PR and the heavy rack pulls are having some very good carry over as the lockout was the easiest part.

RDLs:
315 x 5 @8
335 x 5 @8.5
335 x 5 @8.5
335 x 5 @9

Was planning on doing some walking lunges but decided against it in order to maybe save myself a little and hopefully have a good squat day next week.

Hanging leg raises and trunk twists.

Weighted hypers.

2 comments:

Vit said...

Nice work on the PR Matt. Do you have any meet planned for this year?

Matt Buttimer said...

Thanks Vit, your training seems to be going well. I was planning on doing a meet either in November (if I am in Cali - which isn't looking too promising) or in December (if I remain back east).