Monday, June 6, 2011

Week 1 Squats

I trained at UCI today and had an hour and five minutes to get everything done so it was definitely a rushed workout.

Band-resisted squat (red minis)
265 x 5 @9
Bands were moving around so I had to change the setup, adding more tension.
265 x 5 @10-
245 x 5, 5 @8
255 x 5 @9-

Power cleans
135 x 3
155 x 3
175 x 3

I did a set of 135 x 5 on lunges and felt a slight tweak just above my right glute so I switched to leg presses and did 2 sets of 10 with 4 plates/side. I don't think it's anything serious but I didn't want to push it too hard in the first week of pre meet training.

Finished with 3 sets of transversus and 2 sets of calves.

3 comments:

Jae said...

why were u at UCI?

Greg said...

I was worried that you weren't going to post, but I'm glad to see you did.

Vit said...

It was in OC, it was already 10pm, and the ARC closes at midnight on Sundays.