Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Cycle 0 Week 2 Deadlifts

Put on the suit for the first time in a while today. Didn't fit too tight since I'm around 192lbs now and that's about the weight I trained at in the suit for the last meet. Hopefully will put on a few lbs before the meet though.

Deadlift (suit on straps up-also used a flex bar)
375 x 2
405 x 2
425 x 2 @10 -ugly set
405 x 2
One of the guys there, Gary, kept saying that my shoulders and the bar were way too far forward. He suggested I do some lighter sets to get the form down.
335 x 2, 2, 2
On the second set of these, I tried looking straight forward (instead of looking downwards like I usually do) and this tremendously helped me keep my shoulders back. The pulls felt way smoother and I think the range of motion even decreased with this form tweak. Hopefully I can hammer this down by August.

Hamstrings were fried after this so I skipped Romanians.

Shrugs <--skipped them yesterday because of deadlifts today
405 x 12
455 x 12
495 x 12
545 x 12

Finished with:
4 sets of pullthru's with a 45
5 sets of reverse hypers (first time doing these on a real one)
3 sets of kneeling abs
Hamstring stretching

No comments: