Saturday, June 25, 2011

Cycle 1 Week 2 Suited Squats

Squat (w/ Centurion) -used a Mastadon bar which is fatter and weighs 60lbs
straps down, knees wrapped
380 x 3 @8+
400 x 3 @9-
straps up, knees wrapped
430 x 3 @10-
440 x 2 @10

I'm seeing some carryover from gaining raw strength in the past few months as these were all PR's today. At OCSC everyone wraps their own knees except for very heavy singles so these were all with self wrapped knees. I'd give myself probably a C on most of these, maybe C+ on the last set. Like in bench and deadlift, everyone pointed out many technique flaws, the biggest one being my torso bending over too much. I straight up good morning'ed the 2nd rep on the 440 set.

SSB Squat
155 x 8
185 x 8
205 x 8
195 x 8

Reverse hypers
no weight x 8
50lbs x 8, 10, 8

Finished with 4 sets of ball rotations and hamstring stretching.

5 comments:

Greg said...

440 x 2!! awesome work, man. here we come men's nationals.

by the way, thanks for still posting

Luke said...

you should have used a "Vit bar" which is fat and weighs 200 pounds

Luke said...

jk nice squatting. Looks like 500, 300, 500 may be achievable soon.

Ryan said...

what pointers did they give you for your torso bending over too far?

Vit said...

They just pointed out that it should be way more upright and that I should be sitting back with my hips rather than bending over to try and hit depth...it's a bad habit that has to be changed overtime, I'll most likely address it more closely after the meet when the weight being moved is less.