Monday, June 27, 2011

Luke 6-27-11 Squat

Squat
275 x 3 @ 8-
315 x 3 @ 8
345 x 3 @ 9
365 x 5 @ 9 PR My back was hurting a little bit during squats, but as long as I stayed really tight it was fine. I didn't have much time and I didn't feel like doing an extra heavy set so I decided to go for 5 reps as long as my back was feeling ok.

Pause Squat with self imposed 3 second count
315 x 3 @ 8
325 x 3 @ 9 PR

Some silly leg machines

Today was actually a really good squat day considering last week. I hit 2 PRs and although the weight felt heavy on my back from lack of heavy lifting recently, it moved pretty easily.

3 comments:

Vit said...

KNEES OUT!!!

Vit said...

Nice squat numbers though.

Luke said...

actually I've been squatting without a spotter in a power rack, facing the mirror. It helps me what my knees are doing and prevents them from coming in. I just need to make a habit of it for when I go back to no mirror.