Monday, June 6, 2011

Squat 5

Band-resisted Squat:
heavy minis(?) something like 40 pounds at the top

405 x 5
435 x 5 @ 9+
455 x 5 @ 10
465 x 5 @ 10
475 x 5 @ 10

Set 3 was a mess and I almost fell over twice and got stuffed. So I went up. Everything else was just really hard. I did my best to pretend the bands weren't there and managed to get within 10 pounds of my 5-rep PR, so that doesn't seem too shabby.

Power Cleans:
??? x 5
195 x 5
205 x 5
215 x 5
225 x 5

I was brain dead when I got to these. Squats to everything out of me.

Lunges:
135 x 5, 5, 5 @ 10

I was worthless and could barely step with my own bodyweight.

Skipped plyos and just did foam roller transversus. Welcome back to squatting. <3

7 comments:

Greg said...

Monster minis are 70# at the top. Minis are 42# at the top.

Juggernaut, the said...

These were the slightly bigger red bands from Wooden. When I held up a 25 in the same position the bands felt slightly lighter. Also, you can't really judge exact poundages (e.g. 42#) as it will vary by the lifter's height.

Luke said...

how did you determine that Greg? I thought they were at least 50 pounds at the top.

Greg said...

Right, you definitely can't tell exact poundages because of height differences and I think my numbers are slightly off. I should have rounded more, but at least that shows the difference between the bands at a little over 5' which is what I have based on the chart from elitefts.

Juggernaut, the said...

The best way I could think of would be to suspect the bands and bar from the top of the rack and then add weight, measuring how long the bands are. They should provide the same resistance at the equivalent length when anchored to the bottom.

Perhaps a summer-school project, eh?

Luke said...

well you have to keep in mind that the wilks formula was not designed for bands with greater than 446 pounds of tension

Greg said...

The elitefts chart should be accurate given we know the height of the bar on a lifter's back.