Friday, December 24, 2010

12-23-10 Deadlift

I worked out at team crossfit academy, the same place I went last year over break. They stepped their game up and now have those color coded kilo bumper plates and a reverse hyper.

Deadlift
375 x 3 @ 9
396 x 3 @ 9 PR
the 396 set was weird. on my second rep I lost balance at the top and dropped the weight and this happened again on the third rep. This also happened when I maxed at 414. It doesn't really seem like a grip issue. I need to fix this before the meet. Maybe some sumo rack pulls or sumo shrugs will help.

Stiff Legged Deadlift unbelted
265 x 5
265 x 8
after this set my hands started itching and burning. It looked like the hair follicles on my ring fingers were bleeding beneath the skin. I think it was grip related- the bar pushing my bones into the skin of the finger maybe... I don't know, but I didn't like it so I stopped.

Reverse Hyper
machine x 10 x 2
10 x 10
20 x 10
30 x 10

One Leg Step Up Box Jumps
10 x 4 sets

Abs

2 comments:

Juggernaut, the said...

Were you falling forwards or backwards at the top of the deadlift? We should definitely film a few of your heavy sets as soon as everyone gets back to check out the form in detail.

Luke said...

one of them I for sure fell backwards and on the other I don't know, but I have fallen forwards at least once.