Monday, December 13, 2010

12/13/2010 Squat

Squat (Low Bar)
1x3 at 205 lbs (83.7% max)
1x2 at 205 lbs (83.7% max)
1x3 at 185 lbs (75.5% max)

Pause Squat
4x5 at 135 lbs

Today was the first day I used the Gold's Gym in my town. I was alone and didn't have a spotter or belt, so I was being a bit on the careful side with squats. In addition, I didn't have a box or bands to do box squats or band resisted squats so I just substituted in pause squats (about 1.5 seconds at the bottom). Also, there really didn't seem like a good place to do power cleans or lunges so I had to skip those. :/ On the bright side, my legs feel like jello.

The goal of my winter break training is to at the very least maintain my strength. That way I can improve in January from where I left off with the rest of the team.

No comments: