Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Maxwell 12/21 Bench

Bench
215x1
225x1 3 singles
Idk why, my bench just felt horrible today. My biceps started hurting during the exercise, and though you can't bench without biceps, getting a burning in a muscle you're not even working directly tends to indicated shoddy form. I'll ask someone to have a look when I get back.

Incline Bench
135x5
135x5
140x5
145x5
Equally pathetic.

Close-Grip Bench
155, 165, 175, 185, all for 5
The last one, the beastmode bro who was spotting me might've taken the bar away early, so that 5th rep might not count.

Pull-Ups
4x8
It's about here that I start getting another disgusting tension headache. I take deep breaths to stop the pain, but it's still very unsettling to get that sharp of a pain all up in your brain.

Overall a pretty bad day. At least I know I can hit 225 for a single on a bad day though. Onward and upward next cycle!

1 comment:

Juggernaut, the said...

"beastmode bro" ... classic.

Also, your biceps actually are actively working during the bench. They're extremely important in stabilizing the bar so it doesn't dump on your stomach. Where specifically was the pain? (elbow? muscle belly? brachialis?)