Saturday, September 17, 2011

Weekly Update

Hi everyone. Here are some highlights from this past week training. It was kind of boring except for today's suit work.

Tuesday Deadlifts
One of the guys at OCSC suggested I do block pulls from below the knee but focus on using only the back and keeping it flexed hard throughout the pull. This is meant to strengthen the lower back through the portion where the bar slows down which is right around knee level for me. Worked up to 295 x 5 for 3 sets on these. Will be working up in weight in the coming weeks.

Wednesday Bench
185 x 4 sets of 3
Just some technique weight. I worked on keeping my arch, keeping my shoulders back, and leg drive. I did some rows and biceps after this but purposely kept it light because I'm starting up with geared training again Saturday.

Saturday Squat
I bought some suit slippers from Inzer and they definitely help make it easier to get the suit on. I kept them on throughout the workout to let the suit ride up in the crotch as much as possible. I went straps down, and all my squats were still at least 5-6 inches high which is expected since it's only the second time using the new suit. Worked up to 470 x 2. The super centurion size 40 seems to be a pretty good fit for me and it gives some serious power out of the hole. I came down with the weights slow but they all moved fairly quickly on the way up.

I'm excited to see the UCLA team grow even more this year. It seems like you guys are staying pretty organized and should have a pretty good turnout at all the zero week events.