Sunday, September 18, 2011

9/16 and 9/18 new gym, last workouts

Since, I got to Scottsdale, AZ, I've been checking out a bunch of gyms in area. The powerlifting gyms from powerliftingwatch.com in Phoenix aren't so close, and since this will not (hopefully) be my permanent home and I could leave any moment, I decided to look at regular gyms. (I've also been looking at Crossfit gyms).

The last regular gym I went to, Maximum Fitness, had a prowler, a SS bar laying around next to the oly platform, and a reverse hyper. I think I've found my place. One of the trainers passing by me commented "nice squats young lady" and, after talking to him, turned out to be a former powerlifter and a disciple of Louie Simmons. Looked him up...kind of a big deal, no?

These will be my last couple workouts, combined below, before I go idle for 3 weeks. Hopefully I can get back on track when I get back from Europe and prepare myself for the November meet. I'll have six weeks to get back into competition shape. Possible? Maybe?

Squats
155x5
165x5x2
175x5x2

Pause Squats
155x3x3

Transversus Bosu Ball Abs

Bench
85x5
90x5x2
95x5x2

Pause Bench
85x3x3

SS1:Pendlay Rows
85x8x3

SS2: Standing Press
45x10x3

SS3: Box jumps

Transversus Foam Roller Abs



3 comments:

Kyle said...

Sounds awesome Dafina! Get some good coaching there.

Vit said...

That's cool that you were able to find a PL friendly gym around where you live. What was the guy's name who said he trained with Louie Simmons?

It's not ideal to have 3 weeks completely off this close to the meet, but if you're able to get 6 solid weeks of training leading up to the meet it still may be worth it.

Dafina said...

His name is JD Durso. He told me he's a 5-time national champion. I asked him what federations he did and he mentioned AAU and another one that I didn't recognize. Nice guy. He's a trainer though so I don't know if he'll let me get advice for free haha.

And yeah, definitely not the ideal situation, but I figured if I'm not doing anything, I might as well compete. I can always compete again and do better :)