Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Back on the Map!! Wed. 9/14.

Hello fellow lifters!! I am back on the map!! During this summer, the majority of the time I was lifting during lunch breaks and nights off while working at a summer camp. I have been doing more reps and a lot more dumbbell work to try to maintain weight and for the past month and a half, I've been training every other day in an attempt to accumulate more mass. Main upper body lifts I've used have been dumbbell pressing, dumbbell rowing, shrugs and power cleans and front squats to mix it up for lower body.

Beginning of Summer: 139 lbs BW
Summer Peak: 145 lbs BW

--> 6 lb gain!!!

This past week I didn't lift at all ... and after a rest week I came back and tested to rep maxes:

Bench
135x11 --> Rep PR!!!!

Pullups
BWx15
(thought I would get more, my rep max is 20)

2 comments:

Greg said...

IMPRESSIVE WEIGHT GAIN! I'll be looking to you for inspiration when I try to gain an extra 15. Are you still at 145?

Also, damn impressive 135 x 11.

Ben said...

thank you Greg!! I'm hanging at 144 consistently right now ... and I was pretty happy to get 135x11 given I have not been barbell benching at all - only dumbbell.

You are a beast Greg!! We motivate one another to be our very best!!