Thursday, September 1, 2011

Diablo Barbell - Week 1

Greetings from the Diablo Barbell!

I’ve been really lazy about posting (sry!!!) but I still kept up the lifting after the Aug meet. I’m in the Bay Area now and loving Diablo Barbell so far. I’ve quickly learned that these guys are no joke. When I walked in the first thing I saw were the red painted walls with heavy death metal playing in the background (a little different than JWC...). I’m the lightest guy in Diablo by almost 60lbs. I’m not used to being that much lighter than everybody else but it’s all good. Either way, I’m here to get strong as hell and outwilks mother fuckers! Here’s what I’ve done so far.

Squat Day - Tuesday 8/30/11

Warm Up
12 walking trips with the sled (45lbs)

Box Squat (right at parallel)
135 x 5
185 x 5
225 x 5
275 x 5
315 x 3
345 x 1
375 x 1
405 x 1 30lb PR (went wider and put the bar in a higher position to use my abs and hams more than before)

Good Mornings (High bar, position was parallel to the floor)
135 x 5
185 x 5
225 x 5 x 4

Ab Wheel & Reverse Hypers
5 sets of 10

Stretched

Bench Day - Thursday 9/1/11

Warmed up with 12 trips w/ sled

Bench

Bar x 10
95 x 5
135 x 5
185 x 3
205 x 1
225 x 1
255 x 1 10 lb PR .
Positioned my legs wider instead of having them underneath the bench.

Tate Presses
20s x 10
25s x 10
30s x 10
35s x 10
35s x 10

Dumbbell Chest-Supported Rows (I was laying down with my whole body on a tall bench and brought the bar all the way up til it hit the bottom of the bench)
135 x 10 x 4

Delt raises with sled.
For these, I put a plate on the sled and did delt raises by first having the handles out in front of me and then pulling in a Y motion to drag the weight. I did 6 trips total.

Supersetted Reverse Hypers and Abs

Ted made it crystal clear that this place will test how bad I wanna be strong. As he put it, “Diablo will either make you or break you”. A little scary but I’m sticking with it. I wish you guys all the luck in the world with your studies and your lifts. Keep lifting strong! I’ll see you guys in November. I’ll have my squat suit tailored by then ; )

3 comments:

Kyle said...

Ted scares the shit out of me haha. Get strong!

Vit said...

Glad you like Diablo Barbell Mis! That's a training environment where you will learn a lot and get strong as fuck if you listen well.

To comment on your foot placement for bench, I did the exact same thing and I feel like I can get tight much easier and can feel the leg drive more. I still suck at doing it consistently, but I think it's slowly coming along.

Greg said...

Glad to be seeing you in Nov.