Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Injury updates

So my hip is still kind of messed up. I may have come back into lifting a bit too fast & furious. The good news is that I can do front squats and deadlifts without pain.

What this means is that starting in the fall I will be following the split as best as I can, substituting front squats for regular squats, and otherwise working around the hip irritation.

In other news, it looks like the November meet is pretty much out for me (unless I go bench-only lol). And aside from the 22:30 crew, I may be a ghost to most of the team with EMT training Monday - Thursday from 18:00-22:00 starting Monday of 1st week.

2 comments:

Juggernaut, the said...

Go to physical therapy and get it fixed. Fix the root cause of the problem rather than switching exercises and not training as effectively. (You're a doctor, you should know this.)

Also, i have some fun things in the works for november, so you should still plan on competing.

Luke said...

the problem is the meet is already full