Monday, October 3, 2011

10.3.11-Squat

Squat:
225x5@8+
245x5@9
265x5@9+
275x5@10-
285x5@10 PR
This getting this volume in felt like doing the prowler. I had to quit after that, but still obviously really happy with the PR. Paying more attention to my depth now too after seeing how high I was on 335, so most of these were 2 whites/1red or better.

Potential reasons why this was so tiring for me:
1) only got 5 hours of sleep last night, so pretty lethargic at the gym
2) went to gym earlier than I normally go, so not used to lifting mid-day
3) made a turkey grilled cheese for lunch about a half hour before I went to the gym, and this felt really heavy inside me
4) deadlifted on Friday instead of Thursday, so 1 less day of recovery than normal
5) did not take an off week for GPP between last cycle's maxes and cycle 1
6) I'm still fat.

2 comments:

Nick said...

thats the biggest list of personal problems ive ever seen

Scott Salomon said...

Well I'm glad you at least read my post