Thursday, October 20, 2011

Max 10/20 Deadlift

Deadlift
315 3x3

Hip's still fucked but was feeling better today, still decided to go fairly light. No belt. Skipped deficits because the end of deadlifts was starting to really irritate the hip.

Finished up the workout with hamstring curls, kettlebell swings, foam roller abs, pnf, and a heaping oatload of foam rolling, stretching, and massaging. I'm pretty sure the hip pain has resolved itself to one area, at what I believe is the upper attachment point of my gluteus medius. I think it's there because there's a huge knot there, and now that the workout's over it's throbbing with pain. If it's really just a muscle/tendon problem, I'll just keep massaging and stretching the bejeezus out of it and hopefully I'll be ready to squat and deadlift heavy again by next cycle. For now, I just want to maintain my ability to squat and deadlift, while letting this heal. To all the new lifters, this is why you have good form and keep your flexibility up, so you don't get injured. Take note.

No comments: