Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Max 10/25 Bench

Bench
205x3
210x3 4 sets
Not feeling a PR today, but Nick taught me to put my weight on my traps instead of the middle of my back, and the exercise feels a lot more tight, especially out of the bottom.

Paws Bench
175x3
185x3 2 sets
185x2

Different person counting on the last set (who I'm not blaming) led to the last rep being a real grinder, so I didn't go for a third.

Pendlay Rows
165x5
185x5 4 sets
Up from last week. Aww yee.

Weighted Pullups
3x5 with 25 extra, last few reps I didn't get all the way up.

Weighted Dips
3x5 with 45 extra, not very heavy

Racks were full and the machine doesn't work my grip as well and dumbbells don't weigh 200 pounds so after the dips I bounced. I also did some Bulgarian split squats with a plate on my shoulders for sets of 5-10 while I rested during Pendlay rows. The lunges yesterday made my glutes feel SUPER sore today, which is good, considering usually after a leg day I don't feel them at all. Gonna keep stretching and lunging and Bulgarian split squatting and hopefully get my glutes caught up with the rest of my legs before long. I've decided to take this break from heavy lower body lifts as an opportunity to fix the muscular imbalances that caused the injury. My body is ready.

No comments: