Saturday, October 15, 2011

Updates

Squat
Last week I took a week off of suit work and did some light raw box squats with 225 for sets of 5. Surprisingly I was very sore from this. Today I got back in the suit and went straps up. Finished with a single at 560 with knees wrapped. It was about 4 or 5 inches high. My back wasn't tight enough and the bar rolled on my back causing me to almost drop it. Luckily my spotters saved me. I'll probably be going back to raw work for a few weeks to work on some technique deficiencies (mainly keeping the chest up and not folding over, as well as pushing the knees out more). Here's a video (sorry it's sideways). I obviously look pretty uncomfortable under the weight since it's the most I've ever had on my back haha.



Bench
Just did some raw work last week and worked up to 225 x 2.

Deadlift
Tried going heavy last week. Did 455 for a single and failed 500 a couple inches above the knees (like usual). Can't really complain because looking back I didn't do enough heavy pulling leading up to this. I'll start doing good mornings again over the next few weeks.

4 comments:

Misael said...

Holy moly! That is some MAD improvement sir! Good shit!

Juggernaut, the said...

Nice work. It looked maybe 1-2" high from this angle, which isn't too bad for as tight as that suit is. Isn't 225 x 2 a low raw bench for you?

Kyle said...

Classic "I don't know if I can do this..." face before you squatted. Good work!

Vit said...

Thanks guys. Dave, my 3 rep PR is 220x3 so I don't think it's too low for me. The raw weight feels very light in my hands and moves fast at lockout, but is a little unstable at the chest.

This is expected since I've been doing a lot of shirt work recently. I'm pretty sure doing some bottom end work for a few weeks would help my raw bench, but at this point my priority is strengthening the top end so I could hopefully lockout some heavier weights in the shirt.