Monday, October 24, 2011

Max 10/24 Squat

Warmed up to a triple at 225, before Nick Loporchio told me to stop it and got me lunging for sets of 10 at less than a plate. He told me to sit back when I did them, and I got the strangest sensation, like I couldn't feel what was providing the upward force on the lunges. I told Nick, and his diagnosis for my growing list of personal problems is that I have inactive glutes, which probably led to the back and hip and leg problems, and need to do a lot of glute activation work and I'll be hopefully squatting again in a few weeks. I was also told that my squat wouldn't lose its strength in this time, but I have my doubts. The hip is really painful again, though not as bad as it was on Thursday, so hopefully I didn't make it any worse.

I'm really not excited to be not-squatting and not-deadlifting for the next few weeks, but I'll do what I have to.

3 comments:

Nick said...

if you have continuous pain, it means theres a problem, find the root cause and fix it while its young

Max said...

Yeah, that's the plan. I'm just really butthurt about it. In many ways. I also might opt for Bulgarian split squats instead of lunges; good idea/bad idea?

Nick said...

there are tons of lunge variations, maybe for you id look into the crossover lunge, dont do it always but it would stretch where your strain is nicely once it starts getting better