Friday, July 8, 2011

Chiropractor Visit

Went to the chiropractor today for a tune up. Apparently there were a number of things that were straightened out all over my back. As far as throwing out my back from squatting goes, the tune up should completely take care of it. The inflammation is still there and he said it might take two sleep cycles for me to be 100%. If I lift while there is any sign of pain it might turn into a strain and keep me out of the gym for two months. I haven't lifted since Wed for benching. But would it be smart for me to do dlift assistance and bench assistance on Sunday before squats? There is no other time I can do it. My back is still hurting and I wanna wait a few days. Let me know what y'all think.

7 comments:

Luke said...

skip DL assist, do seated press instead of push press

Nick said...

Hey Mis,

I've been to a number of chiros, and everytime they always list off a ton of skeletal imbalances they are going to fix and they didn't help. It wasn't until Dave told me to stop going to them and go to a Sport med And PT that I felt better. I'm just skeptical of chiros now because they really neglect the muscular part of the problem and think everything is skeletal(well the 5 I've been too).

Also I'd skip dead assistance. Maybe squat too.

Feel better

Ryan said...

Skip them, it's not worth the injury. Let your body heal.

Greg said...

SKIP. Rest. Train. Compete.

The emphasis here is being able to compete -- one DL assist workout will not put 50 lbs on your DL during the comp.

Misael said...

Thanks guys! I was thinking about doing light hamstring stuff but I'll do it next week. The inflammation is starting to die down but I wanna wait a few days. I gotta remember that everything revolves around meet prep.

Vit said...

Get well soon Mis! <3 Vit

Juggernaut, the said...

I don't think chiropractic is a worthwhile practice for any serious athlete. The most recent medical study shows it has no significant benefit (you can read the study here. If the pain is bad, see a doctor in Sports Medicine or a Physical Therapist. They are much more qualified to treat your type of injury.