Sunday, July 24, 2011

I'm falling apart 7/22/11

Strict Press
115 x 5 @8
135 x 5 @ 8
145 x 5 @9
145 x 5 @9
155 x 3 @10 FFFFFFFF
I had to sit down for 15 minutes because of glute cramp, I seriously couldn't bend my leg.

Incline Press
185 x 5
185 x 5
195 x 5
195 x 5

Shoulder Press
As I was pressing with 65lb dumbbells, my right arm went backwards and did a backstroke movement and I dropped the weight. This fucked right shoulder. Thankfully it's just a sprain. Note to self: Have a spotter even on accessory work.

Pec Deck
3 sets of 10

Iso Lat Machine - 4 sets
Face Pulls - 4 sets
Biceps & Abz 4 sets
Icing and Ibuprofen

5 comments:

Vit said...

Mis, there's no need to be doing hardcore bench assistance this close to the meet since at this point you're just risking injury.

You aren't going to be gaining any more strength this close to the meet anyway. Recovery is more important for these next couple of weeks. The guys at oc strength club told me to skip bench assist altogether next week and besides that only hit my bench opener and do speed pulls.

Misael said...

I think I'm gonna skip bench assistance too this week. The glute thing was unexpected but I'll admit the dumbbell accident was dumb. It was all for the sake of getting through the workout. Recovery will be #1 priority now.

Luke said...

glute cramp: do 2 more exercises
sprain shoulder: do another 2 exercises

Nick said...

Im a volume whore, but don't do this much, this close to a meet, especially on lifts that you aren't competing in.

Greg said...

Now I feel like I'm backed telling the team to skip bench assistance this week.