Friday, July 29, 2011

Luke 7-28-11 Deadlift :/

pretty shitty deadlift session tonight. Maybe it's because I squatted on tuesday and only had 1 day of rest instead of the normal 2. Maybe it's because I just started work and I've been sleep deprived and tired. Maybe it's because I biked 12 miles the past 2 days. The result was a shitty deadlift singles day. Going into it I expected not to PR, but I thought I would hit around 455.

Deadlift
405 x 1 @ 9-
435 x f,f,f I got it a couple inches off the ground and just couldn't/didn't lift it. I decided to drop the weight just to hit a few singles. I had very little rest between sets.
405 x 1 @ 9+
405 x 1 @ 10 hunched shoulders to decrease stroke, but this felt harder.

1 comment:

Juggernaut, the said...

It's definitely the biking. I was commuting 60-70 miles per week one summer and cycling definitely takes its toll. The good news is that your strength will come back quickly once the body adapts. The bad news is that you'll need to take extra care of your joints and eat even more in order to keep your muscle mass.

Just shrug off the session and remember to train for intensity levels (as always) in the next few weeks in order to keep you lifts progressing without risking overtraining.