Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Annoyingly long pre-meet, post cycle thoughts..

I always like to post on the log my proposed attempts, And I'm extremely bored and have watched all the Powerlifting watch videos from this week, so If need be I can pull my log up @ the meet. I know things happen, and these are tentative, but this is what I'm shooting for. The bench is the only Iffy thing, 375 in training didn't feel too hard, I could probably double it, IF I stay in the groove. I've learned in a shirt anything can feel hard, or extremely easy in a shirt it just depends if your form is pefect.


I'm competing August 6th at the State Games, Morning BW is around 245 So i'll be cutting a little water weight.

Squat-

1st Attempt- 247.5 Kilos ( 545 lbs)
2nd Attempt- 265.0 Kilos (584 lbs)
3rd Attempt- 272.5 Kilos (601 lbs)
Squat Notes-
My Squat has felt very strong this cycle, I'm extremely happy with it. I started this geared cycle 5 weeks back and tripled 530, and each rep felt hard and heavy. Each week 540, Whether I was singling, doubling and tripling it has felt increasingly easier, I believe this week i could have hit 545x5. 585 with self wraps wasn't ME by any means, 601 was my main goal for this meet, the strength is there "its already done, I just have to do it".

Bench-

1st attempt- 160.0 Kilos (352lbs)
2nd Attempt- 170.0Kilos (375lbs)
3rd Attempt-182.5 Kilos (402lbs)
Bench Notes-
The bench is the only Iffy thing, 375 in training didn't feel too hard, I could probably double it, IF I stay in the groove. I've learned in a shirt anything can feel hard, or extremely easy in a shirt it just depends if your form is pefect. I definetly don't suck quite so much at bench anymore, weekly benching at OC Strength club has helped so much, such knowledgable people.

Deadlift-

1st Attempt- 247.5 Kilos ( 545 lbs)
2nd Attempt- 265.0 Kilos (584 lbs)
3rd Attempt- 272.5 Kilos (601 lbs)
Deadlift Notes-
I hit 600 in June, this was after a deload week and I was completely fresh.
So 601 after a geared Squat and Bench is acceptable. Deadlift training this cycle was far different than usual. Usually I deadlifted on thursday, after a day of rest with nose tork and slaps. This cycle I deadlifted tuesday, after geared bench(which makes your back extremely sore), and without meet style motivation. This seems good though, and pulling the day after a bench day seems more true to how you would feel in a meet.
550 went up pretty easy, and considering these circumstances, 601 seems very doable.

More food for thought-
Squatting in the suit and band squats seem to have made my lockout on deadlift even stronger than before, but has maybe hindered the off floor speed. This makes complete since because The wraps and suit are doing more work at the bottom, and the way I deadlift(very low hips) is more similar to a squat or FS. SO I feel front squatting and more heavy quad work needs to be added in the future.

Bodyweight wise, I've gained a solid 4-5 Lbs through this 6 week cycle, It hasn't really been intentional I'm just a lot more hungry, and a lot more tired from the combination of lifting much heavier weights and working for my dad often doing a lot of manual labor which often includes trenching and sledgehammers, sometimes getting up at 2am on emergency calls. It isn't bad weight though at all, I'm very happy with this, I think this will be my last 242 meet though. its time...

Most importantly, I feel my hip is now completely healed and I have no pain doing anything including Raw squatting. I can't remember a Time where between my hip, sciatic nerve, OR SI joint didn't hurt since Last august.The squat suit combined with a very talented ART Combined With VIT's<3 convincing me to lift geared has allowed me to to achieve this. I miss training with the team, my sometimes solo, 2am Geared squats is far from optimal.

Let the (state) Games Begin

4 comments:

Ryan said...

Seems like you've made some huge gains and only continue to get stronger. You're dedication to the sport is also something to rival. I'm sure you'll crush the competition, and you'll have as much of the team as possible to cheer you on on the 6th.

Nick said...

<3

Misael said...

Fukkin beast! Can't for the meet! I've gained weight too...but my jeans fit looser. That's what happens when you get on the paleo/loporchio diet.

Nick said...

Loporchio diet.. Eat a few cheeseburgers, 5 Italian sausages, 7 cans of tuna onion rings, and a gallon of milk daily.