Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Deadlift 1

7/27/11
Deadlifted today (2 days after squatting) so I can cram for my final tomorrow.
Deadlift
435 x 1 @ 10 (5 lb PR)
445 x 1 @ 10 (15 lb PR)
I planned my attempts poorly and definitely could have hit 450.

I WISH I WERE THIS STRONG AT NATIONALS.

Current total: 1075 Raw, exactly collegiate qualifying total that I struggled to hit equipped in February.

Good sign is that my raw lifts have quickly caught up to my equipped numbers.

Somehow 445 looked better than 435.


6 comments:

Vit said...

Great work Greg!! All your lifts seem to have skyrocketed after collegiates...I'm very confident that you will put together a big total at next year's collegiates, especially if you can get some positive poundage out of that super katana haha

Ryan said...

you're so sexy

Greg said...

Thanks, Vit. Maybe I'll learn how to use that super katana.

Thanks, Ryan. I don't know what I'll learn for you.

Luke said...

First lift definitely looked easier. Good job on that big PR. You make me wanna PR in the deadlift, but I don't think I can right now.

What's with the Kobe/Ray Allen sleeve?

Greg said...

Helps my elbow, to some degree.

Greg said...

I think the second lift just looked cleaner, definitely more difficult.