Friday, July 15, 2011

Luke 7-14-11 Deadlift

deadlifted at 24 hour fitness with no chalk as usual. Also like I said before, the octagon plates bounce weirdly and roll away so I have to reset every rep either by moving the bar or moving my feet. Either way I lose all tightness. Triples are more like 3 singles with 5-10 seconds of rest.

Deadlift
405 x 3 @ 9-
425 x 2 + fail. This may have been a grip fail. I got the last rep off the ground, but I don't think I could have held on to grind it out so I put it down. It's bothering me that I can't lift as much as I think I should. I don't know if I'm weaker or if the plates are really messing me up. At least I am not failing on the ground.

Deficit Deadlift off of a 45
225 x 8
265 x 8
285 x 8 PR

Calves
420 x 30
480 x 35
520 x 30

Hamstring Curls

Abs

-Also a question to the team especially Dave-
I like to deadlift by myself and without getting psyched up. I like to stay calm and pull the weight without anyone yelling at me and without feeling pressured. At a meet I like to nose tork and get fired up for a big lift. Is there any advantage to training this way? Is it good to save the psyche up for when it's important or should I be training in meet like conditions and get pumped for every heavy deadlift set?

1 comment:

Kyle said...

I know that it takes a lot more out of me if I psyche up for a set, especially if Nose Tork is involved. It's really difficult to maintain that intensity for long periods of time too.

I guess I'm more on the side of not getting all crazy except for when you really need it.