Sunday, July 24, 2011

Luke 7-24-11 Bodybuilding

As a thank you to myself, I've decided to add a small bodybuilding day on sundays. This falls 2 days after press and 2 days before bench. I do some biceps, upper back and some shoulder isolation with fairly high reps and low weight. The goal is to get a little bit of a pump which improves confidence, to strengthen my shoulders to help prevent injury, and to improve my posture.

also I am starting a full time job tomorrow at JPL in the Earth Science department. I will be working 9 days out of every 2 weeks for the next 8 weeks, contingent upon me not getting fired. I may not have as much time and energy for training. I will probably be riding my bike to work a dew times a week (12 mile round trip) so I will have to up the food intake to compensate for this excess energy expenditure. I will aim to keep the intensity high and sacrifice volume if I need to.

earlier today
12 mile bike ride

made frozen margaritas with family using best recipe I have ever tasted

did this workout at home

Pull Ups
BW + 25 x 15, 12 wide grip
BW + 25 x 13 normal grip
BW x 15

Front, Side, 45 degree, Bent Over Shoulder Raises with 5 pound plates
10 reps per angle, 3 sets

superset with abs

and superset with concentration curls
35's x 8,10,9 per arm

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Congrats on the JPL job, that's pretty awesome.

As long as you're keeping some sort of resistance training, all is good.